Friday, February 01, 2008

Sick as a dog...

I haven't updated for a while for the simple fact that I haven't really had much to say over the past week...and because I've been really busy. When I say really busy, I mean that as a relative term, of course. When you normally work part-time, 3 mornings a week, and you subbed 2 extra days, it feels pretty busy...I subbed for the 4-yr-old daycare teacher on Tuesday b/c she was sick. I had regular preschool Monday & Wednesday & then yesterday, I subbed for the 3-yr-old preschool teacher in the morning.

By the time preschool was over yesterday, I knew I was getting sick. I had that whole-body achy-cold feeling. I left the daycare as soon as possible. When I came home, I put on 3 shirts, 2 pairs of socks, slippers, and sweatpants...then I came upstairs and sat in front of a space heater wrapped up in a blanket. I was supposed to go to a meeting at the church, but I called and told them that there was NO WAY I was going to be able to make mom kind of talked me out of going...moms have that way of taking care of you, even via IM, from 200 miles away.

Then, G came home from his b-ball game to find me sitting in a chair in the loft, in the dark, still wrapped up in my blanket. I took my temperature because he said I was burning up & it said 102.7 - nice. I popped a tylenol & then we went to his parents' house for dinner...I only ate half of my bowl of french onion soup. Now, I realize that none of you know me very well, but there's obviously something wrong when I don't finish the food that's placed in front of me...I love food - probably too much.

I also called in sick to work. This was probably the worst possible day to call in sick because today was a crazy, messed-up day at preschool. The kids were to be dropped off by their parents, who would then come back half an hour later to transport them to the planetarium for a field trip. After the program, the kids would be transported back to the preschool to do an art project with their parents as part of the follow-up to the would have been a crazy day for me, let alone the sub!! Here is where the blessings the form of a snow day. Or more appropriately, a rain day. Apparently the weather was supposed to get bad, but the temperature never dropped, so it just ended up raining all day, so no one had school, and thus the preschool was closed also.

So, I'm now on the mend, but still not feeling the greatest. I'm just glad the fever and chills are gone. One sleepless night of tossing-and-turning is enough for me. Thank goodness G is a sound sleeper & I didn't keep him up.

Oh, and as my final comment on today's post, I will tell all of you lovely readers that I don't even think I will make it to beta day...I started spotting today :(


Kristen said...

I'm so sorry that you are so sick, T! And I am keeping my fingers crossed TIGHTLY that beta day is a pleasant surprise for you and G!

Amy said...

I'm sorry you're so sick! Maybe this will make you feel just a little bit better: Please email me (email on my profile) with your address!

It took us a long time to conceive (3 years for DD, 1.5 for DS) so I can relate a bit to your struggle. I'm off to check out some more of your blog now!

Hafsa said...

Hang in there!

Karla said...

Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for visiting my blog this week. I hope you'll come again soon. I will be announcing the winner of my giveaway on Monday.

Jessica said...

thank you for sharing your journey. what i've read today on your blog really touches me.


Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this week. Hope you are feeling better. We have had the same sickness in our house too.

mego said...

OH Teri - I'm so sorry. I just checked in to see how you were doing and saw this post. I'll keep praying that the spotting doesn't get any worse - a little spotting is normal, right!? I'll keep praying for you and hopefully a positive test tomorrow..