Monday, July 13, 2009

MPM and IVF w/ DE update!

Hey! We're back from the whirlwind weekend of wedding duties (so much fun! pictures to come!) and 3 softball games for G yesterday! His team won the church league championship, so that was quite exciting...and the victory was especially sweet because they beat the one team in the league who consistently shows bad attitudes and tries to cheat every year (yes, this is church softball and no, I am not kidding!)

It's been a while since I've done an MPM, so I thought I would get back into it this week... I love having my menu all set out ahead of time, but we've been in and out of the house so much lately that it's been hard to get it all pulled together...so without further ado, here is this week's menu plan!
Monday - Meatloaf, baked potatoes & fresh green beans (recipe below)
I'll also be making my famous Buffalo Chicken Dip tonight for G to take as a snack at his grad class tomorrow!
Tuesday - Sticky coconut chicken & rice
Wednesday - Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Thursday - Pot Roast & veggies in the crock pot
Friday - Vegetable soup (made from leftover pot roast)
Saturday - homemade stromboli

As for our IVF cycle, I've been on Lupron (aka Loopy Lupron) for just over a week now & it truly is making me crazy! Yesterday, on the way home from my parents' house, I felt so nervous/anxious the whole time & started crying at random (and non-emotion-evoking songs) on the radio. I truly am going nuts. Thankfully, I had an ultrasound & bloodwork this morning & am now advised to knock my dosage back from 20 units to 5 & also to start my estrace! My donor (B) goes for her first ultrasound on Friday & then should be good to go to start her stims!!!!! G & I also have bloodwork on Friday (and I have an ultrasound as well) & then a meeting with the lawyer to pick up our paperwork/contract for B to sign.
Afterwards, we think we're going to treat ourselves to breakfast/brunch & a matinee of the new Harry Potter movie!!! Please continue to pray! It means the world to us!!

The Best Meatloaf You'll Ever Taste:
2 lb ground beef
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
1 cup bread crumbs/oatmeal/cracker crumbs (any combination will work great!)
2 eggs
2 tsp. salt
1/2 c milk
1 small onion chopped fine
1 T ketchup

Combine all ingredients & shape into a loaf in a loaf pan or in a casserole dish with a drip pan. Smear a bit of extra ketchup over the top. Bake at 350 for 1.5 hr. Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting!

6 comments:

Ter said...

hoping everythign works out for you

Kate said...

We had meatloaf tonight, too! :) Prayers as always.

Anonymous said...

Hopes and prayers that everything works out for yall.

The link for the chicken enchiladas goes to the sticky coconut chicken. I would love to have an "easy" chicken enchilada recipe. :)

Candi said...

Praying for you and G....and B!

The meatloaf sounds tasty!

That chicken looks and sounds yummy! I make this rice and love it. I bet it would go great with the chicken. I'll be giving it a try for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Coconut Lime Rice

1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
1 3/4 cups water
1 t. salt
grated peel of one lime

In a saucepan, bring rice, milk, water and salt to a boil over medium high heat. Stir, reduce heat to lowest setting and simmer the rice, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in lime peel and serve immediately.

Missy said...

We use the same recipe for meatloaf. I came on to see if there was any news about the IVF. So excited and hoping you get wonderful results!

Kara said...

We love meatloaf- I'll have to try this!

I'm still praying for you and B that all goes well!