Monday, September 07, 2009

I'm back

Well - I'm creeping back out into the real world. Thank you all for your kind comments and emails through this tough time. I guess you could say I'm still in recovery mode. Most of the time I'm "fine" (in a relative sense of the word) but then I hear a song on the radio (Miley Cyrus's the Climb is the WORST) and I completely lose it...baby steps, baby steps (even saying that makes me cringe...maybe I should say itty-bitty steps, itty-bitty steps).

In other news, I have an appointment set up for a phone consultation with the RE on October 1st. I am very much looking forward to this. I already have a plan of action in my head, so I'm really hoping that the doctor agrees with my line of thinking..

And because I really don't have anything else to post about (other than the impending doom that is the first day of school tomorrow), I'll do a MPM for the week...

Monday - Labor Day - burgers on the grill & homemade baked potato chips (modified this recipe)
Tuesday - Haluski (with cabbage) w/ my bloggy buddy Candi's spaetzle
Wednesday - Wing night for G, so leftovers for me
Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie using leftover chicken from the chicken noodle soup I made over the weekend
Friday - Something on the run before G's football game

Chicken Pot Pie recipe (from my friend Ruthie):
Sautee chopped onions, carrots & celery in olive oil. Sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp. flour over veggies and add 1 can of chicken broth (add peas, corn, etc if desired). Bring to a boil until it thickens. Add 2 cups of cooked cubed potatoes and bite-sized pieces of cooked chicken. Pour into pie crust & put the second crust on top (poke holes w/ a fork). Bake @ 350 until crust is golden brown and the inside bubbles up!

13 comments:

Ter said...

((hugs))

Erica @ on the move said...

I was just thinking about you last night. Glad to hear from you.

Kara said...

Welcome back. I missed you.

Amy said...

I'm glad to see you're back and that you already have a plan in mind for that appointment.

And if you have the Rachael Ray tomato sauce recipe you mentioned, I'd love to have it!

Tridentine Wife said...

I'm glad you're back, the menu sounds really good. I'm curious about the haluski.

embieadoptmom said...

Glad to see you back ;)

Emily said...

Good to hear from you. Don't rush your healing - it takes time. I am glad to hear you have an appt with the RE :)
Menu sounds yum!

Kate said...

Glad you're back, Teri! Hang in there... and good luck with those preschoolers this week. *HUGS* and prayers for both of you guys, always.

graspthelove said...

It's so good to hear from you. I think about and pray for you every day. Itty-bitty steps are good! And thanks for the recipe!

Candi said...

Glad to see you back, Teri.

Our kitchen is almost complete(finally--watch for pictures soon!), and I can't wait to get back to cooking. I am literally sick of the quick stuff and eating out. Your menu sounds tasty!

Piccinigirl said...

*hugs, Big Hugs*

Melissa Miller McGinn said...

Glad you are back! Love you!

Tina623 said...

((hugs))

I hope they listen to your plan and give it the consideration it deserves.

Thinking of you..